Join my mailing list!

Monday, May 1, 2023

Be luscious now.

 When my mother died thirty years ago, my family burned her beloved Bayberry candles - which she had rarely used. My mother was a truly kind woman, the kind you are lucky to meet once in your life. But she didn't extend the same kindness to herself.

Now, this isn't an exhortation to, "Use the good china!", because that's pretty self evident. Today's luscious life is about taking care of yourself, no matter where you are in your journey.

I was a wreck even before Mom died - struggling in  school and in my marriage with my now ex-husband. That night, I learned that I didn't have to have my life together to enjoy  beauty and pleasure. Like all of us, I'd been taught about self-denial, about delayed gratification. That I had to live in my poverty and hand-me downs in misery. This mind set sucks and makes an already bad situation even worse.

You get to enjoy life, no matter where you are in your finances. Be luscious now, not later.

No comments:

Post a Comment