Join my mailing list!

Monday, March 6, 2017

Curious: Auguste Rodin Exhibit

Curiosity is a huge part of caring for your emotional well-being. Cultivating an interest in the world keeps depression and anxiety at bay and gives you tools for dealing with stress.

Obviously, I need to walk my walk as well as talk my talk! So I went to the Auguste Rodin exhibit at the Portland Art Museum.

Detail of one of the Burghers of Calais
 Looking at the visual arts doesn't usually translate well into words, especially for an artist as physical as Rodin. Much of his work revolves around motion, turbulence, and character. 

The exhibit demonstrated his fascination with hands, balance,  pressure, and the human body. I'll step back and let the images speak for themselves!
Hand of God


Fallen Caryatid Carrying an Urn

Aphrodite

Angels




No comments:

Post a Comment