Join my mailing list!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Idea to story.

Chances are, you have ideas. Chances are even better than your friends will have ideas, too. I have a wide circle of friends who love to brainstorm ideas for stories with me.
Dr. S and his really awesome husband, the Flaming Chef.

Dr. Snickerdoodle is one of my favorite brainstorm partners. He told me the story of one of his first crushes, back when the poor doctor lived in the desolate hinterlands of Oklahoma.

Showing that he always was a lot smarter than I was, he avoided telling his crush, since the man in question wasn't the nicest guy in the world.

While Dr. S talked, I took many mental notes on this person's character. He was the sort to play his friends against each other, and had a cruel streak the size of the Marianas Trench. I wanted show his self-congratulatory streak and his enjoyment of frightening and controlling people.

I don't like writing anything too on the nose, so of course, it had to have a vampire in it. And I started writing.

Over the next few days, I'll reveal the story. And we can all talk about getting your ideas out of your head and onto paper. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment