Join my mailing list!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NaBlogWriMo?

Last night, a friend of mine challenged me to National Blog Writing Month. Better late than never, I say.

So, a few days into November, I will now attempt to write a blog entry every day.

*bites nails*

For my first entry, here is something I found online (but with no attribution, so if you know who wrote this, let me know!!)

How to feel miserable as an artist
(or, what not to do. Underline any that currently apply)

  1. Constantly compare yourself to other artists
  2. Talk to your family about what you do and expect them to cheer you on.
  3. Base the success of your entire career on one project.
  4. Stick with what you know.
  5. Undervalue your expertise.
  6. Let money dictate what you do.
  7. Bow to societal pressures.
  8. Only do what your family would love.
  9. Do whatever the client/customer/gallery owner/patron/investor asks.
  10. Set unachievable/overwhelming goals. To be accomplished by tomorrow.
What do you fall into? I'm a sucker for #1, 2, 3, 5, and 10. Especially 1 and 10 together.

Can't you just hear it?

"Jayne Ann Krentz puts out how many books a year?! I'd better get seventy-five pages in by tomorrow!!

Yep. Works every time, let me tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment