Join my mailing list!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A highly intimate question.

Ok, men. I'm writing a fellatio scene and I want to do it from a man's point of view. What it is about fellatio that you enjoy? The warmth? The tightness, the visual? And give me your emotions, too. What goes on in your brain and heart during that time? Do you touch her? Praise her? Tell me what would make this scene come alive for a male reader.

I really want to avoid language that involves words like "member" or "manhood", because those make me laugh, and I'm assuming it would make you laugh. Or does the thought of someone thinking of your equipment (another giggler, but I'm trying to be delicate here, if not in the manuscript) as your essence excite you?

And remember, this is for posterity, so be honest.

Quick, name that quote!

2 comments:

  1. Count Ruegen from "The Princess Bride" is the quotation source.

    Let's see. I'll start with what takes me out of the moment: descriptions of the sexual act that leave me questioning the anatomy of the participants. Not like prodigious length, girth or such, but making it seem like your protagonists are improbable bendy dolls.

    The scene has to follow its own logic and path, emotionally and anatomically. If the action starts with kissing, follow the mouths or segue neatly to the hands or genitals, Don't "jump" abruptly.

    As far as what do you call the, um, tools of the trade, what makes sense for the tone of your characters? If he would call it his dick or his cock, then so be it. If he has a nickname for it, that's fine, too, but it should flow from the character.

    On the emotional front, I'm a voyeur in my fiction so I'm happy to follow the character's emotional journey whether he is a tender, considerate lover or a plundering rogue or anything in between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for being the first one to get the quote! :)

      Thank you, RJ, for your intelligent and thought provoking reply. I always want to write romantic scenes that reveal character and are catalysts for self-discovery. Oh, yeah, and hot, at the same time.

      As I edit my scene, I'll keep asking myself if this is true to the character. :)

      Delete