Join my mailing list!

Monday, June 17, 2013

A perfect party.

Last Saturday, The Charming Man and I finally threw the "Party on the Patio" party we had been wanting to throw for years. With the construction of my Grandmother's Memorial Garden finally complete, we invited over all our friends  from belly dancers, writers, co-workers, and activists.  The weather cooperated, the grill produced amazing food, and our friends brought over food, drink, and legal smokables.
 
Purple Nancy, Pierre, Jake, and Sarah.


Sarah, The Charming Man, Gema, and Glenn observe Kathy trying a hookah for the first time. She said the tobacco tasted of apricot, and that was her nickname for the rest of the night. :)

From the center, going to the left: Kathy, Nancy, Jake, Sarah, Gema, Gerd, Brian the Headless Wonder, and Gary's Elbow.

Brian the Headless Wonder, with his head.

Gema Sanchez. She and I determined that someday, we will both decorate our bathrooms in Turkish tiles. We got everyone looking at pictures of the Turkish baths. I told my tale of experiencing the hamam, and she shared her trip to the Alhambra.
Jim Wilburn, president of Orlando  Construction, and his honey Paul Chamley. Jim was in charge of the deck project. I'm pretty sure people wanted to hire him after seeing the work he did here.
Dr. Snickerdoodle aka Brent, The Charming Man, and Mike Butry. Sorry about the goofy expression Mike. I'll get a better picture next time.
Brent brought Lemon and Saffron Marinated Chicken Kabobs - a Persian recipe for a Persian inspired back yard! 


Co-worker Michael Ewan.
Lynda Ewan, Queen of all She Surveys.
Co-worker Beth Gordon.
Lisa Gumm, pretty, pretty girl!
Amber, Beth's friend and fiber nerd extraordinaire!

And Thank You to all the lovely people who kept me too busy to take their pictures!  

2 comments:

  1. I'll jump on the turkish tiled bathroom bandwagon, lol! Your new backyard looks awesome...someday I will see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will dance all night long when you are next in Oregon!

      Delete