Join my mailing list!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Men, stand up and be counted.

I am thoroughly depressed. Last night, I made the mistake of reading the YouTube comments on the Bond/M video for International Women's Day.

Feminist ONLY want equal rights in areas that suits them, any hardships that men go through they couldn't careless. We are evil only until they need our money sperm and (bodies) <--- in terms of men getting blown up on the battlefield on the front lines whilst they shop and have their "sex and the city" night out cackling like spoiled bitches!
Ridiculous! James Bond is one of the few remaining male and male characters on the big screen, do it dressed as a woman and emasculation in this way without doubt is part of the mammoth work of feminist social engineering, which has as its aim the destruction of male identity and the creation a super-feminine identity that should be, according to these feminist social engineers, the ruling class of the totalitarian future (the famous "World of Women" which is always talking about).
Women are so full of shit, they went from having no rights to trying to claim ALL the rights.

It had been a long time since I'd read so many hate-filled, misogynistic things from men. I'm usually pretty optimistic about the changes in the world. We've made huge strides in drawing attention to injustice and creating differences.

Instead, today, I am reminded that men hate women.  I look at my nearest and dearest and fear for my safety - could these loving, generous men secretly feel this way about me? Do they really want me to shut up, to not get an education, to never challenge their thoughts? I am terrified of what might happen if I speak up one too many times.

Once, I read a study. Researchers had asked men and women what they feared the most from the other.

Men feared a woman would laugh at them.

Women feared a man would kill them.

If you are a man, if you read this blog, reassure me. Tell me that not every man wants women to disappear, to not vote, to not have access to health care, to die if I disagree with them. Tell me that you find these comments as abhorrent as I do, that I am not alone, that I can look you in the eye and not fear what I see there.

Please.

Because I am afraid.

I'm afraid of you.

6 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine living with the fear you describe on a day-by-day, minute-by-minute basis.

    You first caught my attention with only your words and your thoughts; to this day I still love hearing your ideas and your dreams and your desires. I love that you have let me into your life for these past 15 years, and I hope that I have shown my appreciation to you through words and actions. I say "hope" because while I think I have, only you get to be the final arbiter as to whether or not I've succeeded. Which is as it should be.

    You and women deserve all the rights because... they are RIGHTS, not privileges, not crumbs doled out by surly, y-chromosome-enabled homonculoids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear is the process by which we decide we are less powerful, less wonderful, less amazing than we truly are. It is a way we accept less than our full potential.

    Fear is a way others control us. Sly crooks exploit us for their own power, advancement, wealth accumulation, or political advantage. They know many of us will take the hook and be lead willingly to our own doom.

    Those who teach the story of fear align themselves, either on purpose or unwittingly, with the haters, and permit their own exploitation by others.

    Stand up and let yourself be seen! Your strength is immanent... you are human and your body, your mind is a gift from the divine. Let no man or woman tell you you are not beautiful, strong, or that your feelings or thoughts do not matter. Let your love shine forth and ring true. Let those who fear or hate have no dominion over you.

    You are not perfect, but you are good, and you seek the path of kindness, truth, and equality. That is your birthright. I am proud you are my friend, and that you can and do see farther than the misogynist.

    I love when you look into my eye and we see the loving, breathing, beautiful human being within, worthy of respect for others, and worthy of respect of self. I will stand shoulder to shoulder or back to back with you against the forces of fear and hate.

    Love sustains life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep in mind that, AFAICT, the average age of a YouTube commenter is 15. I try to keep this in mind whenever the "She's HOT!"/"She's UGLY!" wars break out on Fark/Reddit/wherever (that is, whenever a woman is mentioned).

    Misogyny at that age is partly a holdover of the "girls have cooties" age they just left. Girls do it too - boys their age are universally "dumb, stupid, and jerks" - but they aren't additionally poisoned with testosterone.

    Of course, many, many stupid boys grow up to be stupid men. Sadly.

    The rest of us grow up. And learn that women are wonderful, intelligent, dull, horrible, stupid, and everything else that humans can be.

    I wish I could somehow help women live in a world less fearful, just like I wish I could live in a less bigoted world without starving children and wars. In ways I can do so, I try to help. It's even harder when I look back on myself, and see how I have erred in the past (was a stupid teenage boy myself, of course)... and then project that curve forward, trying in vain to see where it becomes zero... Sigh.

    Be well, my proud & wonderful humanfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a man and I think women should rule the world. We would all be better off without all the testosterone fueled posturing that passes for government in this century (and last, and the one before that ...). When was the last time you saw a woman dictator, despot, or military "strong" man (okay except Eva Peron and Emelda Marcos)? I mourned at the loss of Benazir Bhutto, a compassionate woman trying to lead her country out of the dark ages. So, I am a man and a abhor the divisive diatribe you quoted. I pray he is the minority.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you all so much for taking the time to combat hate. I cannot express how much I appreciate your kindness and affection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The men that say those things are scared and not willing to admit it. Not just of women, but of anything that challenges them. But they pick the easiest targets they can find.

    It is not about being a man or a woman, but about who you really are.

    ReplyDelete