Join my mailing list!

Monday, February 15, 2016

My new office.

Me, daunted.
When I found out that I had nerve damage, I felt pretty lousy. I had to completely tear down how I worked and start from scratch. It was a daunting task.

So first, I had to order a sit/stand desk. I went through the reviews and chose The Ergo Depot's Jarvis Bamboo desk. Dig it folks! A motorized sit/stand for under $1000 dollars. And some seriously fast delivery, too.
Isn't it pretty?!
Next, I had to completely tear down my office. That was a mess and a half. I got the desk assembled and then The Charming Man and I made our office space bright, spacious, and much more usable.
 Check out my fantastic new layout! The desk is smaller, but I have more usable room.

I even cleaned the walls and rehung pictures and two of my three collage diplomas (the third fell behind a book case).
A few days later, I found my Muse in an antique shop -

A Minoan snake goddess from Knossos, Crete.

All the Wikipedia goodness over here.
She looks very fierce, but also very patient.

6 comments:

  1. Hey I was with you when you acquired the goddess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new work space is awesome! So glad you worked it out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, doll! I have to remember patience - which is a virtue I generally lack.

      Delete
  3. What an inviting space! Will you also have one of those soft pads to stand on? I'm interested to hear how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the soft pad since I'm on carpet, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt!

      Delete