Join my mailing list!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Ten Awesome People: The final count

On June 30th,  2014, I started the Ten Awesome People I'd Like to buy Lunch For Project. I sent notes (mostly on paper, but some email) to ten people whose work has touched my life. I wanted to send them thank you notes and an offer to buy them lunch as a token of my extreme. :)


I sent notes to:
  1. President and First Lady Obama
  2.  Kenneth Branagh, writer, actor, director, producer
  3. Pam Grier, actress
  4. Clarissa Pinkola Estes, author of Women Who Run with the Wolves
  5. Gala Darling, blogger, Radical Self Love guru
  6. Andy Serkis, actor, known for his motion capture work
  7. Fran Walsh, co-writer and producer of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit movies
  8. Robert Shaye, the founder of New Line Cinema
  9. Mel Brooks, comedian, actor, director
  10. Gloria Steinem, activist, feminist
Of the ten, I got fabulous rejections from Mel Brooks,  Gloria Steinem, and President Obama. I got Robert Shaye's address wrong, so that envelope came back.

As of now, I'm celebrating my courage to try this ambitious project. I'm not following up on the other letters yet. Someday I will, and I will keep you informed.

So don't be afraid of reaching out to people. At worst, you might get a lovely rejection note. :)



2 comments:

  1. That is so cool. What a great idea. And you DID it! You should write an article for the Huffington Post on your project. I'd love to see an excerpt of the decline letters. So gracious and just...polite of them to respond to you. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie! It never occurred to me that I could write an article about it. I'll work on that!

      Delete