Join my mailing list!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Discovering Portland: A day on Alberta St.

I truly love living in the Pacific Northwest. The people are kind, the drivers are courteous, and the food will knock your socks off.  Last week, The Flaming Chef and I explored Alberta Street in North Portland. Behold, a mini-review of a few places on this vibrant, interesting neighborhood.



First, we had a late lunch at the Bollywood Theater.  They serve Indian street food, small plates, and a wonderful selection of vegetarian dishes.


They also have really nice, funny, and knowledgeable staff. I didn't get her name, but her smile and kindness in explaining all the food make my day. :)
Here is The Flaming Chef showing the Bollywood Theater's fabulous graphic design.
My droolworthy lunch of Kati Rolls:
Meat or paneer, egg, pickled onion, & green chutney rolled in parantha.

YUMMMMMMMMY.

Their cool wall of movie posters.
We then headed next door to Salt & Straw for gourmet ice cream.  Flavors include Olive Oil, Pear with Blue Cheese, and Coffee with Bourbon.
 I was fearless and got chocolate with gooey fudge bits. The Flaming Chef got the Coffee with Bourbon and the Happy Birthday, Elvis.

Uplifted by good food, we then strolled in the rare sunshine looking into windows and marveling at human creativity.

We passed a store window filled to the brim with elegant, classy lingerie. As a rule, I ignore lingerie stores since nothing fits extra curvy women.

Then like a bolt from the blue, I saw, in neat block letters, "Bras for Buxom Gals."

That is me! I leaped for the door.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is The Pencil Test.

They sell beautiful bras, panties, slips, exercise bras, and swimsuits for the ladies with the "Ladies".
I'm wearing this bra right now!
 The owner told me I was wearing the wrong size, then found a pile of gorgeous and practical undergarments for me.

She said to replace your bras once a year, too. I feel fantastic.

So people, get your butts to Alberta St. for delicious food and fine lingerie.





Dracula's Secret, Blood Wings #1
Dracula's Desires, Blood Wings #2
Dracula Unleashed, Blood Wings #3, to be released March 21, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment