Join my mailing list!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My very weird brain.

There is a downside to growing up in a family of clowns. Today was a great example.

This afternoon, I treated myself to lunch at the yummy Davis Street Tavern. To my left, a gentleman was interviewing a lady for some kind of tech/design position.

(first off, can I just say "Euuuwww" to interviewing someone while they are trying to eat? In public, where strangers can listen in? Isn't the lunch portion of an interview supposed to be a break so the interviewee can relax and let their personality emerge?? Sheesh)

The gentleman (who looked like he was about to mow the lawn - I mean, come on, dude! She's interviewing you, too) said something that went a little something like this:

"You are in a meeting with a client. You've done your research and come up with what you think is the best proposal. I come to the meeting and I completely disagree with you. My proposal is the exact opposite of yours. What do you do?"

I had to clap my hand over my mouth because I wanted to answer that question for her. And I wanted to say, "Well, naturally you stand up and scream:

'WRONG! YOU ARE WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING???'"



Lord, I crack myself up.

1 comment:

  1. There are jobs for iconoclasts, including comedy, writing, acting or any number of artistic options. :) I like iconoclasts

    ReplyDelete