Join my mailing list!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

When you are a writer, you never stop working.

Even though I've turned in my manuscript and I'm ostensibly taking this week off, I'm still working. I've started brainstorming on Book Three, for example. Most of all, I'm feeding my head.

Ok, I'll admit it, the manicure/pedicure and eyebrow wax today had nothing to do with work, but what I did after was very important.

I went to the Mark Rothko exhibit at the Portland Art Museum.
I'm a huge fan of Rothko's later works - his well known paintings of enormous blocks of luminous colors. So it was a treat to see his earlier works and to explore his fascination with myth, archetypes, and darker colors. 


If you'd like to know more about Mark Rothko, go on over to his page on Artsy.net, right here.

Tomorrow, I'm going to talk about the other exhibit I saw - the completely unexpected dark whimsy of John Frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment