Join my mailing list!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly....

Writers gotta read. It's true! If you aren't reading, your writing will suffer. I once heard that a writer should read two words for every one written. I'm a greedy girl, so I go for four or five words for every one.

I've had the honor and privilege of meeting Jessa Slade on several occasions. She is intelligent, witty, and an incredible author.  I'm kicking myself for not buying her books the minute they came out, but I was able to buy her first three books and gobble them up. Now I'm stuck waiting on the fourth book. Damn! I hate to wait.

Vowed in Shadows: A Novel of the Marked SoulsSeduced By Shadows: A Novel of the Marked SoulsVowed in Shadows: A Novel of the Marked Souls


My review:

I LOVED these books. They are complicated, thought-provoking reads with excellent historical and theological research. The high stakes plot made sure I was never bored - I read all three of them in a day and a half.

Her characters have real strengths and weaknesses, the conflicts between the heroes and heroines show how love demands the best of us, and the sex! Damn, Jessa! Hot stuff all the way around.

I cannot recommend these books highly enough. Even though they are romance, they have massive crossover appeal. Sci-fi/fantasy readers and even the most macho of men would love these action packed, intelligent books.

Go! Read! Enjoy! Life is too short not to read this amazing author.

2 comments:

  1. My dad said he liked the action scenes. I said, "Dad!" He said, "Not THOSE action scenes."

    I agree that reading is important for writers. We use up a lot of words in a day. Gotta refill the well.

    (Also, as one writing professional to another...SQUEEEEE! I'm so glad you liked the books!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessa- Your books *rock*! Both the kinds of action scenes are superb. I want more. :)

    ReplyDelete