Join my mailing list!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Taking a break.

I've been doing some heavy duty writing about archetypes. Today, I decided to talk about my wonderful day yesterday.



I got to spend an afternoon with a dear girl friend who is always working, so this was a rare treat. We hung out in her hot tub, drank champagne, slathered ourselves with lotion, and talked about everything, including sex. Some people get uncomfortable with such intimate discussions, but I am always fascinated and delighted with them.

It's when people are the most likely to share their deepest emotions. It's when our pasts and our presents come together (no pun intended) to reveal what we most need in our lives.

I always want to honor those brave enough to share their secrets with me. I want to take their bravery and vulnerability into my office to inspire not just my love scenes, but also the limits of human courage - the very soul of what makes fiction important.

I had great writing day today. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment